Thursday, February 12, 2015

Pretty Bird


The show is a week away, and I've still gotta clean and paint the exhaust, paint the display stand and do a final chamois shine to the case, but right now, I've finally gotten all of the nuts and bolts worked out and the motor buttoned up (at least, good enough for display).

After the show, Mark & I are going to have to take the top end back off the motor and drill out the center head bolt holes for the larger WW bolts.  It's not done right until you redo it three times, right?  Still, getting this far still feels like a major accomplishment.  Technically, if I was willing to do anything inferior to the bike, I could run it as it, since the bolts in it are actually stock.  However, they're a known weakness, and it's worth it to do things right, rather than watch it blow oil all over the place in 2 years time.

So, if anyone out there has a set of whithworth taps, hook a fella up.


No comments:

Post a Comment