Thursday, May 24, 2012

Damn you, Harbor Freight!

We all know that Harbor Freight sells crappy versions of decent tools, made by Asian children making twenty cents an hour, but they pass the savings onto YOU!  I'm in need of having some parts sand blasted, as I foresee my need over and over again in the next few months.  Each time I go in, it's at least twenty-five bucks, sometimes up to a hundred or more.  Due to a heck-of-a Memorial Day sale, I could get a bench-top sandblasting cabinet for a little over $100.  I checked on the internet and they all say the same thing:  The cabinet is great as long as you reseal it yourself, but the gun sucks.  Considering that similar cabinets are over $300, I bought the bullet and bought it.

While there, I couldn't help but pick up bungee cords for the wife's new Honda, magnetic parts dishes, organizers...  more than I should have.  I was a kid in a candy shoppe, and I got more than I should.


Specifically for the BSA, I happened to find a big bag of old-fashioned style, stainless steel wire bands, which will definitely be handy instead of silly zip-ties.



More than anything, the special machining, the late nights, the busy work schedule and doing work to the other bikes has been clogging up my fun-hose.  I guess I didn't mention that I have 2 Hondas that I've been working on as well.  Both are for the wife - a '73 CL350 and a '71 CL175.  The 350 needed the carbs redone (which is a bitch, because the scrambler exhaust has to come out to get to the carbs).  The 175 is getting all the cables replaced.  To do it right, it just takes time.


I've also been rebuilding the BSA's front forks, which I need the sandblast cabinet for...  So, it's just boring, boring, work.  Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment