Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's a Small, Small World.

I don't know if it's fate, but the Pedigree BSA build is living up to its' name.  First, have a look at this photo (I'll explain why it's important in a sec):


When I bought the bike, I promised the previous owner that I'd let me know how it goes.  I even remembered to write down all his info and staple it into the front page of the manual.  I found it while I was researching, so I figured I'd get in touch.  Sure enough, he called he back and was super exited to hear that I've been getting the build going again.  He sent me his email and facebook link, so I thought I'd check out some of the motorcycle pictures he'd posted.

Like almost all of us vintage bike nerds, he goes out to Vintage Bike Days in Ohio every year, and he posted this picture of an amazing BSA hill climber with a history of a lot of wins.  Originally, the bike belonged to Earl Bowlby, and was his racer.  Does that name sound familiar?  Earl's the guy who I've bought all my parts from, and has given me all the little bits of advice when building the motor.  Small world.

The hill climber bike's now owned by Mark, who raced it back in the day.  It sits in his garage, which is where he and I are building my motor.  Smaller, smaller world.


No comments:

Post a Comment