Tuesday, June 5, 2012

All Hail the Brat!


Now, this has nothing to do with the BSA, but I also own a '73 Honda CL350 and a '71 Honda CL175.  The 350 is stock, in beautiful shape, and is my wife's favorite.  She also lays claim to the CL175, which I've been fixing up a little for her.  It's pretty crusty, but I've done all the important stuff like rebuilding the carbs, replacing the chain, etc.  Right now, I'm just waiting for a replacement brake cable, and it's on the road.

But enough about that, I'm here to talk about what I want to do to it.  We've all heard of cafe bikes, choppers, bobbers, rat bikes - the list goes on.  What hasn't been talked about as much is the "brat" bike, and that needs to be rectified.


I've already put brand new trials tires on the bike, the tank is a stock Honda (which has good lines), and there's really nothing that has to be done except cutting out all the extra crap and build a flat seat.


The whole point is to strip the bike down to it's bare essentials, tweak the motor up a notch, and just have a clean, fast little vintage enduro.


The CL175 is the perfect bike for this project, and all I have to do is convince the wife to let me do it.  Of course, it'll have to wait until at least next summer, since the BSA takes priority... but it never hurts to start thinking early.  I already know the tank is going to be polished steel with some simple painted graphics.  Maybe a Honda logo or racing stripes.  We may never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment