Friday, June 8, 2012

Please Forgive Me

I almost did this.  I was 24, and made a lot of rookie mistakes when I started building this bike.  This is my confession.


First and formost, (thank jebus,) while I cut the frame down, I didn't cut it so much that I ruined the rear suspension mounts, and the only cutting I did is exactly the cutting I'd have to do to put on a nice new seat, so I'm in the clear when it comes to major irreversible mistakes.

What I did, was to drill some holes to mount a cheap seat, have the whole thing powdercoated at a cut-rate industrial place, and add some tabs for a rear fender mount that I'm not going to use.  As I type this, the frame is at the blaster's, undoing most of my stupid youthful mistakes.  I did a lot of good work, by cleaning up old parts, but did a lot of damage, but doing stupid things to them.

I'm definitely paying for my sins via my pocketbook, but it's still cheaper than buying it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment